Nashville designer Tori Alexander sits down with us to talk about taking risks with paint, her $59,000 dining table (that she bought for $1000), green as her secret weapon, and much more!
What You'll Hear on the Show:
- Her background and how she started her business in California when a neighbor asked for her help
- She tells us a story about a dining table she bought off Craigslit
- Why it's important to invest in upholstery but to find deals and one of a kind pieces on Craigslist
- Find one place to start and work from there
- Why Tori loves Ballard but why she never shies away from mixing high and low
- Why you should consider the energy of your home before choosing the design
- "The magic happen just beyond the point of comfort"
- Why Tori loves green and blue
- Why you shouldn't necessarily consider art when decorating your room
- We talk about scale for that dreaded empty space over the back of the sofa
- Some of Tori's favorite affordable sources for art
- Why window treatments can help you solve issues like window placement and scale