Amy Vermillion joins the show to talk about her style that has been described as “comfortably elegant.” We talk about how good design can make your life easier, paint colors, an 80's house she brought into the 21st century, and her love of chandeliers.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- The renovation Amy has done again (and again!) from everything including the porch, office and master bedroom.
- The rule Amy uses when picking pieces that will be permanent and timeless.
- Her biggest design pet peeves, and why we should all just do what we love.
- The polarizing topics of gray, brown furniture, and a glimpse into the custom details she does for her clients.
- Amy’s love of a chandelier as decorative jewelry for the ceiling.
- Her description of a true 80’s house (but don’t knock a great wet bar in the den!)
- What is a scullery, and why would someone who entertains love one?
- How Amy gets to know her clients so she can design a space that functions for their lifestyle
- We talk about the rising popularity of libraries
- What people are doing with their TV’s now that they are getting larger than ever.
- We talk paint colors and why it's so tricky to give someone a paint recommendation
- How to address family photos to make them sleek and beautiful