Whitney McGregor, interior Designer based in South Carolina, joins the show today. Whitney’s home was recently featured in Southern Living, and talks about her traditional yet playful and welcoming style. She explains what she means when she tells her clients to “listen to the house”, her inspiration of combining clean with beautiful and traditional, and the importance of being transparent about your budget when working with a designer.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Triumphs on grass cloth wallpaper, dorm shopping, and a great anniversary copper wine cooler and pillow
- Trials about a dilemma on dead grass and hydrangea placement, and the same anniversary shaggy pink pillow
- When you go bold, go with a color you know you like.
- The special art of picking out gifts for people, and if you should go on or off the list.
- How Whitney incorporates fun and fresh beauty steeped in the traditional.
- Whitney is a self taught decorator, and has been designing for fun since she was only 4 years old.
- The mistakes Whitney gave herself permission to make when decorating her own home, and the lessons she learned from them.
- More about her new home, and how the flow and light caught the attention of Whitney and her husband.
- Why Whitney is a proponent of living in a house before making any major changes to it.
- Whitney doesn’t care if art matches, it’s all about how it makes herself and her clients feel and the emotion it stirs in them.
- The difference between splurging and investing, and why it’s important to be transparent about your budget.
Mentioned In This Episode