With Spring in the air, we thought we'd talk about our outdoor spaces. They're just as important as your indoor spaces, but for many of us, knowing what to do with them can be a challenge. Atlanta landscape architects Spencer Tunnell and Will McDonald of Tunnell & Tunnell Landscape Architecture stopped by to talk about when we need to call a professional, how to add a little curb appeal to your space, why non-native plants aren't a smart choice in many cases, and much more.
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR ON THIS EPISODE:
- We talk about Curb Appeal and how it isn't so different from interior design
- I talk about my backyard project and the wild hair got to tear it all up
- Karen wants turf in her yard. We ask Spencer and Will their thoughts.
- Taryn asks about why and how you can choose plants that will bloom year round
- We talk about when you should hire a pro to help you and when you can do it yourself
- We talk about consultations and how a professional could help you make a master plan for your property that you could fulfill over time
- Taryn talks about her experience splitting plants and her neighbor who's helped her learned what'll work in her yard
- We ask Will and Spencer about their favorite plants
- We talk about goats and how you can use them to rid your yard of invasive species
- Why it's dangerous to plant non-native plants
- Taryn wants to know about all of the pine trees in her yard