While in Atlanta for market, Baton Rouge interior designer Rachel Cannon stopped by the podcast to talk brown furniture, waiting for that perfect piece, letting your layout dictate your furniture pieces, and her 'cantaloupe' bookshelf styling trick. Definitely don't miss this one!
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR ON THIS EPISODE:
- First things first, we get a lesson in how to say 'Baton Rouge'
- Rachel talks about her first room and the most important decorating lesson her mom taught her
- Rachel talks about why your room dictates your furniture layout and the pieces you need
- Rachel tells us her number one piece of dream furniture
- We give Rachel all our Scott's Antique Market tips and we talk about AmericasMart in Atlanta
- We quiz Rachel on her tips for dressing up a space while keeping it comfortable
- Why paint color isn't necessarily the best route if you want a colorful home
- Rachel shares her favorite paint colors
- We talk bookshelves and how to fill all that space without it being cluttered
- Rachel's 'cantaloupe' trick for bookshelf styling
- We ask Rachel who about her designer inspirations -- Suzanne Kasler, Kelly Wearstler, and Phoebe Howard