Okay, when Anne Scott Shelley and Allison Smith of Maison Studios stopped by for this episode of the podcast, we had a serious case of the giggles! Get ready for a fun episode, where the decorating duo behind this 30A interior design firm talks vacation homes, granny chic, online shopping, and much more.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
- How Anne Scott and Allison started working together and they’re different strengths in their partnership
- Why they love unconventional color palettes in beach homes
- Where they like to save money in their projects, especially since they often decorate second homes
- We talk about how far outdoor fabrics have come and why they’re great for beach homes
- Allison shares her love for granny florals
- They talk about how their approach to decorating may differ from most shoppers because they’re decorating rental homes
- We talk about cafe curtains and why they’re aren’t considered ‘granny’ anymore
- We talk about plates on walls and why they’re classic
- Anne Scott and Allison share their favorite places for finding vintage and antiques
- We talk about about our Atlanta store opening and why the Maison girls will need to come visit us!
- How do you create a beachy feel without going kitschy
- Anne Scott and Allison also share how you bring a beachy vibe to your home if you’re nowhere near the water