We're huge fans of stylemaker, shop owner, and clothing designer Ann Mashburn, so we were thrilled when she stopped by for an episode of the podcast. She tells us about starting her and her husband's stores in Atlanta (which have now spread all over), raising 5 girls, decorating their homes and retails shops, and she shares some outfit ideas for holiday parties.
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR ON THIS EPISODE:
- Ann tells us about how they started their shops Sid Mashburn and Ann Mashburn
- She tells us about her real life Devil Wears Prada experience
- She talks about how the interior design style of her stores reflects the style of their homes
- She talks about her philosophy when it comes to buying furniture -- buying what you love and not necessarily things that 'go together'
- We talk about lots of pieces that used to be in their homes ended up in their stores
- She tells us the story of the iconic horse painting in Sid's flagship Atlanta stores
- Ann talks about why each store they open has an inspiration board in it
- Ann and Sid's living room was featured in Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles years ago, and if you've been on Pinterest you've likely seen her pair of hot pink roll arm sofas
- We ask Ann about her daily 'uniform'
- Ann and Sid raised 5 girls all of whom have great, unique style
- We ask Ann about dressing for the holidays and her go-to outfits for holiday parties