We've been waiting to get color expert Maria Killam on the podcast ever since we heard about her October color workshop here in Atlanta. She captivated us on day one of her workshop, and afterwards, we sat down to talk paint, color, undertones, and timeless interior design. This is an episode you won't want to miss!
What You'll Hear on This Show:
- Maria gives us a rundown of paint undertones and why they're important
- What makes a decor choice timeless
- We talk about paint swatches, why you need big ones, and how fan decks are made
- We ask how you know which paint color to shoot for?
- We talk about why choosing a paint color should be an easy choice
- What's the difference between a 'clean' versus a 'dirty' color?
- Why mixing your own custom color isn't necessarily the best strategy
- We talk about choosing exterior paint colors and why you should approach them differently
- We talk about choosing colors in adjacent rooms
- Why the right wallpaper can totally transform outdated fixtures and finishes
- Why styling and decorating can solve a ton of problems before you renovate
- Why you should look to your closet when searching for color inspiration
- We ask Maria what the biggest mistake is that people make when it comes to color?
- We talk about why it's so important to use large swatches of fixtures and finishes when you're renovating