When we were in New York for Miles Redd's launch party, we got the chance to stop by the House Beautiful offices and have Editor in Chief Sophie Donelson on the podcast! She tells us what makes a home beautiful, what projects make it into the magazine, and we test her interior design knowledge!
What You'll Hear on This Episode:
- We play a little pop quiz where I test Sophie, Taryn, and Karen's knowledge of design and interior designers
- We talk about editors' letters and how Sophie writes hers. Does she wait until the last minute?
- We ask Sophie what in her mind makes a house beautiful?
- Why a house does and doesn't make it into the magazine
- What the House Beautiful team does to a home when they come to shoot it
- We talk about how purple is making a comeback -- yes, purple!
- Sophie tells us what she thinks has changed about the way people decorate their homes
- We talk about paint colors and how to pick them