We were so excited to have as our guests on this week’s episode, Jason Nixon and John Loecke, the Madcap Cottage Guys! Their style is on point, and their love for color and pattern is infectious. We picked their brain about combining furniture styles harmoniously, their upcoming travel plans, why they love decorating with the color green, and their pack of adorable rescue dogs.
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR ON THE SHOW
- Where Jason and John find inspiration, both abroad and at home. They’re as inspired by things they see in London as they are around their hometown in North Carolina. Inspiration is everywhere.
- They talk about their next vacation spot — Tokyo — and why they’re dying to make it there next.
- What do they do with all of the treasures they bring home?
- What do they see as living a ‘well-lived life?’
- They share their more casual approach to entertaining, like ways to entertain without making everything from scratch.
- Why we should throw out the idea of having a ‘camera ready’ home all the time.
- Jason and John’s decorating pet peeves
- Inspirations for their fabric like for Robert Allen
- How their mothers’ styles impacted their own sensibilities
- What they would save if their house was on fire
- They mention the Traditional Home Napa Showhouse which they decorated using many of our products. You can see a whole tour of their space here.
Jason and John help us answer your questions, including how to pull off mix and match bar stools, guidelines for hanging artwork over a console table or sideboard, and how to update a built in cabinet with paint or stain.