Interior designer Maggie Griffin from Gainesville, Georgia decorates spaces much like her personality, warm, happy, and with classic Southern charm. We loved touring her house and couldn't resist the opportunity to get her on the podcast. If you aren't yet following her on Instagram, then you're gonna want to start. We talk about decorating with kids, how to build a gallery wall, the deal with decorating around the TV, and other decorating 'don'ts' like ceiling fans.
What You'll Hear on This Episode:
- Maggie shares the unique way she built up her first clients
- She talks about how she and her husband love renovating and moving
- She tells us about counseling James Farmer while he was building his house, Farmdale
- We talk about how she starts a room -- either a rug or a special keepsake
- Maggie's always moving things, and she shares how art is the way she keeps things fresh
- Maggie cleverly treats all of the TVs in her home, and she shares her best tips for decorating around them
- We discuss the dreaded ceiling fan -- is she for or against the ceiling fan?
- She tells us about redecorating her husband's bachelor pad once they got married
- She talks about decorating her sons nurseries and how to decorate your child's bedroom with pieces that will endure
- How she manages all the kids toys
- She talks us through laying out a room -- where to start
- Maggie gives us a lesson on wallpaper and shares her favorite white paint color
- We talk about building a gallery wall