**Disclaimer: We had some technical difficulty with one of our mics. It refused to cooperate! We hope you'll enjoy the show anyway.**
Being the design-aholics we are, we couldn’t turn down an opportunity to interview the Editor-in-Chief of Atlanta Magazine’s HOME, Betsy Riley. We have Betsy to thank for reviving the title in 2015. Each issue brings some of the most gorgeous and inspiring spaces in Atlanta, so we were thrilled to pick her brain about what makes a house magazine-worthy and how she decorates in her own home.
WHAT YOU’LL HEAR IN THIS EPISODE:
- Karen’s bathroom-related entertaining disaster
- Karen tested our Brian Patrick Flynn’s drapery training trick
- Taryn talks about her entertaining pet peeve — everyone gravitating to the kitchen
- Taryn’s shade swap with a big lighting lesson — take your lamp base to the store!
- Why some beautiful homes just aren’t right for a magazine
- How she picks which homes to feature and what types of spaces don’t make it to the magazine
- What her biggest decorating challenge is
- Why you have to be able to let things go
- Betsy’s tips for making your spaces look good in photographs
- We talk about Betsy’s black and white issue